Thursday, October 13, 2005

Focus on God: Only, Always and Forever

Right now I am reading A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren. It is really good. I feel as though I have found a kindred sprit in McLaren. The thoughts that he proposes and the questions he asks remind me fondly of myself. It has been a source of great comfort and a sign of hope as I begin my seminary training and start thinking more seriously about what God has in store for me as a ministry. There are, of course, areas in which we don’t think quite the same. Most of it has to do with the liberal side of the equation. But I think that is giving me a broader understanding of what most liberals think. It is challenging me to look above the conservative/liberal equation and focus on God: only, always and forever.

Looking back on my summer it seems… right. That is about the only way I know to describe the feeling that I get when I think about it. It just somehow seems right. I am glad that God gave me the opportunity to work again. I am not sure if I will again but I am thankful for the last five years. They have been instrumental in making me who I am today and I defiantly love myself. That is not to say that I want to stay exactly like I am, because then I would not grow anymore, but the overall person that I have become, that is who I love. I am pleased, and I hope God is too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad He did too. or maybe I would still be defending my brick wall.

About Me

My photo
Blair is a graduate of Mercer University in Macon, GA. Where he earned a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Communication and Theatre Arts and a minor in Christianity. Blair earned his M. Div. from the McAfee School of Theology in Atlanta. Blair is currently pursuing the Blairology Global Project. Blair is an Eagle Scout.