Thursday, October 27, 2005

Writing

Writing: sometimes I want to do it and other times I do not. Sometimes I am able to write clearly and at other times I do not make any sense at all. Sometimes I know exactly what to write and other times I ramble on with no clear purpose. (Now of course being one of those times, although I am writing about writing.) Sometimes I write because I have something to say and other times I write to work though an idea in my mind. That is the way I reason something through, by talking about it, either with someone or more often then not with myself.

I like to talk more then I like to write. Talking is easier for me. But at the same time I am a very visual person and I often wish that I had a written copy of what I talked about so I could go back over it and remember what I said and the conclusions that I reached. I have tried to do this by tape recording myself talking a few times, but I have not done it in a long time.

One of the reasons I like to talk more then I like to write is because I do not know how to type, so this slows me down and I do not get to think of as many things as when I am not trying to type. Another reason is that I do not know how to spell all that well, so when I write I have to either spell words wrong and spend time trying to remember how to spell them or I have to limit my vocabulary to only the small often used words that I know how to spell. I also do not understand the rules of grammar and punctuation as well as I should, so this limits my ability to write clearly the thoughts that are in my mind. In addition I tend to write in either very short sentences or very long sentences, they are either half a line or over three lines.

When I need to write I most often do not want to and when I have no reason to write I most often have an overwhelming desire to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seriously need to check into a dictaphone/transcriber...

About Me

My photo
Blair is a graduate of Mercer University in Macon, GA. Where he earned a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Communication and Theatre Arts and a minor in Christianity. Blair earned his M. Div. from the McAfee School of Theology in Atlanta. Blair is currently pursuing the Blairology Global Project. Blair is an Eagle Scout.